Over my 41 years of life, I have had my trust broken a number of times.
See, what's hard for me is that I am a trusting person. I see the good in people and situations all the time. I will believe what you say until you give me a reason not to.
That is a good and bad character flaw of mine. Nevertheless, it is who I am, and I don't plan on changing. I do not want to become a cynical bitter person who only sees the negative in people and situations. To me, living like that would be miserable.
Trust is a delicate thing. Because once it's broken, it is hard to get back. Most people have to prove to the other person that they are trustworthy again. It is not easy, but can be done. Sometimes, it's a process that takes time. When you are hurt, it's not easy to forgive and forget right away. Sometimes, you never forget at all.
In my experience, I had to forgive with God's help. I had to process through the pain and allow Him to heal me, then go back and trust again.
If you remember, I am in some awesome Facebook groups because of the New York Times Best Selling Author Jon Acuff. There are people who have all different ministries, hustles, and passions.
One of the guys in the group is a film maker. His name is Scott Link. He wrote in the group about a mini-movie he was making and asked for name suggestions. He described the content. I offered a name, and he liked it... so he took it as the title. I am thrilled to be attached to this in that small way.
Please go to this video, take 5 minutes out of your day to watch it and then hit the like button for him. It will really help him if you do.
BRKN- A Scott Link Media Movie
This morning, in my Proverbs reading, several verses jumped out at me. If you have ever wondered what God hates, it's listed in Chapter 6.
Proverbs 6: 16-19, "There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours our lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
Let me break that down for you, because I see TRUST all over this:
1. Haughty eyes - haughty means, "disdainfully proud, snobbish"
2. A lying tongue - lies break trust
3. Hands that shed innocent blood - self explanatory
4. A heart that devises wicked schemes - this to me, goes back to trust. If someone is devising wicked schemes, they are lying and doing things their way to get what they want.
5. Feet that are quick to rush into evil - this could be a number of things, anything where you are plotting evil towards someone else is not good.
6. A false witness who pours out lies - once again, trust. How can you be trusted if you lie?
7. A man who stirs up dissension among brothers - if you are person who gets into junk and stirs the pot, you are not doing right. This usually involves lying as well.
Let me say this: you can ALWAYS trust God. He has your best interests at heart. He will never leave you or forsake you. He has a great plan for your life. He doesn't break His word, He doesn't lie, and He doesn't hurt us on purpose.
Are you a trustworthy person?
Have you been hurt by people, so now you struggle with trusting others?
I know it's hard once you've been hurt.. but let me tell you. God can heal your heart where it was crushed in a thousand pieces. He says in Psalm 147:3, "He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds."
I hope this helps someone today. And I hope you will help my friend with You Tube likes.