Saturday, January 6, 2018

NLT vs Jewish Bible Scriptures

I can't explain enough about my excitement over this Jewish Bible!
I keep coming across Scriptures that we all know and love, and seeing how it's actually written in the Jewish Bible.
Today, I thought I would share a few with you all.
Jeremiah 29: 11-14 NLT 
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
Jeremiah 29:11-14 Jewish Bible
11 For I am mindful of the plans I have made concerning you - declares the LORD - plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you give you a hopeful future. 
12 When you call Me, and come and pray to Me, I will give heed to you.
13 You will search for Me and find Me, if only you seek Me wholeheartedly.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Jewish Bible
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths smooth.
Proverbs 13:12 NLT 
12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
    but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.
Proverbs 13:12 Jewish Bible
Hope deferred sickens the heart, But desire realized is a tree of life.
Genesis 1:1-2 NLT
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.[a] The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
Genesis 1:1-2 Jewish Bible
1 When God began to create heaven and earth- the earth being unformed and voice, with darkness over the surface of the deep and a wind from God sweeping over the water -
Isaiah 41:10 NLT 
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 Jewish Bible
Fear not, for I am with you, be not frightened, for I am your God; I strengthen you and I help you, I uphold you with My victorious right hand.
Ecclesiastes 7:1 NLT
A good reputation is more valuable than costly perfume.
    And the day you die is better than the day you are born.
Ecclesiastes 7:1 Jewish Bible
A good name is better than fragrant oil, and the day of death than the day of birth.
These are just a few of the ones I thought of. It's cool to see how they are some times so much alike, and other times so much different.
Is there one you'd like me to look up? Get in touch with me and I would be happy to type up the Jewish one for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment