Tuesday, January 9, 2018

This Is For Your Delieverance

For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance. Paul, in Philippians 1:19


Shane Willard was at my church over the weekend. This was his 7th year joining us. I absolutely LOVE his teachings. He learned under someone with Rabbi training. So, he knows a lot about the Jewish culture, history, and Hebrew. 
Saturday night we had 2 sessions. This post is about the first one.
Paul, who used to be Saul, was in prison during most of the letters we read in the Bible. When someone was in prison back then, if people who loved them did not bring them food, they died.
The church at Philippi decided to care for Paul while he was in prison.
Spoiler alert! Paul dies. So, when he wrote here in Philippians 1:19 about his deliverance, he was referencing Old Testament Scriptures. Job was one of them. King David the other. The truth here is that God will deliver you through whatever you are struggling with. 
Job 3: 15-16 says, "15 Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;
    I will surely[a] defend my ways to his face.
16 Indeed, this will turn out for my deliverance,
    for no godless person would dare come before him!
These two men are going through a loss, but how they respond is inspirational!
In Psalm 34, David had just pretended to be insane to protect himself from someone. In verse 8 he says, "Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."
We can take these examples and say this...
When life is hard, and there will be hard times, say, "This will be for my deliverance."
Shane said, "Struggle doesn't mean your faith is weak. In the middle of whatever is happening, no matter how it turns out, always have clean hands, pure hearts, and taste that's good." 
Life your life in a way that others see clean hands, a pure heart, and taste that's good.
No matter how big the stress gets, stay focused on God and keep saying, "This will be for my deliverance." 
No matter what, praise God.
No matter how it turns out, keep your ways clean before God.
When you struggle, if you share your life with clean hands, pure hearts, and tastes that's good, you will be an inspiration to many!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment