Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Glory - my word for 2018

"So all of us who have had the veil removed can see and reflect the GLORY of the LORD. And the LORD-who is the Spirit- makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image." 2 Corinthians 3:18 NLT


It's the time of year again, when I ask God for a word for the year. Last year was diligent, and that turned out to be significant in my life.
This year, I felt GLORY. At first, I thought maybe that was just me, because Glory is not one of your typical yearly words. Some people have "brave", "write", or "trust". These words are usually about God or something He wants us to concentrate on this new year.
Glory didn't fit to me, at first at least.
Then, I looked up the definition: "adoring praise", "resplendent beauty", "a state of great splendor", "magnificence" or "prosperity", "a state of absolute happiness, gratification, contentment."
Giving God my glory, my adoring praise on a daily basis, is something I strive to do.
Some of the other definitions, I believe, are things He wants to do for me. He wants me to prosper this year. He wants me to live in a state of absolute happiness, by being gratified and content. That can only happen with me staying connected to Him.
In my devotional reading, I came across Philippians 4:19, which says, "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His GLORIOUS  riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."
Glory and glorious are written throughout the Bible. I am going to enjoy finding them and studying this word this year.
I am also going to be watchful and mindful of how God uses this word and it's meaning in my life over 2018.
I'm excited about this year! I believe something amazing is going to happen.
Do you have a word? I would love to hear it!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment