Thursday, November 16, 2017

Where Does Your Strength Come From?

Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Bridges are strong structures. Only part of them is actually attached to the earth. The rest of it is suspended to the pillars that are built. God is the pillars, and we are the attached to Him for strength.
If you will remember, I have been writing Scripture all year from this one lady's blog posts. These Scriptures have the tendency to really minister to me.
This month happens to be about strength. I do not believe in consequences. I believe that God ordained this month's Scripture writing, KNOWING what I would be facing this month.
Isn't it just amazing to love and serve a God like that? One who knows what you need before you even know it?
I mean, I don't know this lady who is posting this Scriptures, so she certainly doesn't know me. 
These verses are really helping me through this tough time. I am battling with all types of emotions. I love my job, but it's coming to an end. I am staying as long as I can because I need the income. But it's not easy. I'm just going to be honest.
I NEED God's strength to deal with everything I'm feeling and thinking. I NEED God's strength to fight off the enemy and his lies. I NEED God's strength in the words of my family and friends who are encouraging me through this.
How on earth do people live this life without a relationship with God? I seriously do not understand how they can.
I wanted to share some of these Scriptures today but maybe someone who reads this needs some strength. One of my favorites is posted above. 
Isaiah 40:28-31(NLT)
28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.
 2 Timothy 1:7(NLT)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Isaiah 43:1-5(NLT)
43 But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.O Israel, the one who formed you says,“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.
1 Chronicles 16:11 (NLT)
11 Search for the Lord and for his strength;
    continually seek him.
I think we all know pretty  much how to have a relationship with a human being. We have to communicate with that person. You most talk, then you must listen.
God wants that with us too. He wants us to draw strength from Him. But we've got to talk to Him, and we've got to listen for what He wants to say.
When we read God's Word, He can speak through it and give us strength. (And many many other things.)
If you need strength for something you are going through, I beg you to take the time to pray and read the Bible. If you need prayer to help you through, just ask. I'd love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment