Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Life's Merry-Go-Round

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Are you currently riding on life's merry-go-round? You know, where everything just seems to be spinning around you... you are constantly doing the same things over and over. Your joy really isn't there. You are just going in circles.
How about we get off that merry-go-round today?
Let me share a secret with you.
While, at the very beginning, I was super scared about not having a job in a few short weeks, God has been doing a major work in my heart.
I LOVE how He speaks through His Word and devotionals RIGHT when I need it.
Only God could know that today, on November 21st, I would need to read a devotional about "God is in control even when your plans stall"! Only God knew I would be writing Proverbs 3:5-8 this morning in my Scripture writing.
Let me let you in on a secret... you ready?
Trusting God through EVERYTHING is the key. Trusting Him through the good, bad, and the ugly gets us OFF the merry-go-round and sets us up for victory.
You see... Proverbs 3:6 says, "Seek His will in all you do, and He WILL show you which path to take."
This is a promise from God. If we seek His will, He will show us what to do. So, why are we not doing that?
There is a faith and believing element here that we must grasp. It even involves our healing.
Proverbs 3:7-8 say this, "Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones."
Us, doing life OUR way, only gets us a stomach ache from spinning around and around on life's merry-go-round.
I refuse to allow this in my life anymore!
The path is straight. It's not in a circle. I just need to trust God, not be puffed up with my own wisdom, turn away from evil, and watch Him place me in His perfect will.
If you need prayer to get off this spinning sickening merry-go-round, please contact me. I'd love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment