Thursday, November 30, 2017

Is God's Love Really Unfailing?

16 But as for me, I will sing about your power.
    Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
For you have been my refuge,
    a place of safety when I am in distress.
17 O my Strength, to you I sing praises,
    for you, O God, are my refuge,
    the God who shows me unfailing love. Psalm 59-:16-17
Love is a word we through around a lot. We love people, food, and animals. 
God's love is different. It's AGAPE love. It's unconditional. I think His love for us is so far beyond our reach that we won't even grasp it until we are in Heaven with Him.
I looked it up to see how many times "unfailing love" was written in the Bible. I found 40 Scriptures. 
In the Scripture I posted above, we see King David rejoicing because God has helped him through something. He's singing with joy about God's unfailing love. He realizes that God has been his refuge during distress.
Now, if you know King David's story, King Saul was trying to kill him. Hopefully, in our life time, we will never be literally running for our lives, but we can experience many different types of distress.
I am doing my best to keep it together while searching for a job. I am focusing on God, listening for His direction, and not allowing the big fat wall of fear block me. (But it's not for the lack of it trying.)
THANKFULLY, I know that God is with me. Thankfully, His Word is reminding me daily. Thankfully, I have friends who keep speaking life into me. Without them and God, I would be a total basket case. For real.
One thing I love about God, is that He's consistent. He's love is unfailing. It's never ending. It goes on and on all of our lives. He loved us from the moment He thought of us, and He will love us in eternity. That's forever, people. Forever.
Human love can be conditional. Human love can fade. Human love can disappear.
BUT GOD!
His NEVER will. His love really is unfailing. 
Cling to that if you are struggling today. KNOW that you know that you know that you ARE loved. God has a purpose and a plan for your life. He's right there, walking with you. Just like He's walking with me.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment