Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Life's Endings

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you." Jesus, Matthew 7:7 NLT

I had never heard of Daniel Pink before. I think it's a very interesting last name. I guess if you have a memorable name, it's best to make a way for yourself in the world that helps people. 
I did not get to hear his entire message, but what I did was interesting.
In life, we normally look at the endings of things in a negative light. We tend to be saddened by endings. 
Here are my notes:
In order to be courageous, we have to be wise. Timing is a science not an out.
WHEN is missing. Our lives rarely follow a liner path. Be conscience of endings, they can be transformative.
4 ways that endings help:
  1. They help us energize.
  2. They help us encode.
  3. They help us edit.
  4. They help us evaluate.
When we reach the end of a decade, we change. The end of experiences makes people remember them in a specific way.
If you are like me... endings normally make me sad, to a point. I have experienced times when God specifically told me to end something, so I did out of obedience. 
I did not get to hear the Pink's total explanation of encode. The other 3 points make sense to me.
Endings can energize us because we are moving forward into something new.
Endings can help us edit things in our lives that need to be changed.
Endings can help us evaluate things about ourselves, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
How have endings changed you? What is going on in your life right now that is something that needs to end? Maybe it's not a negative thing.
God has a plan and purpose for your life. Sometimes, He causes the endings to advance you forward. Trust Him. Pray and listen to Him. He will never leave you or forsake you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment