Saturday, October 21, 2017

3 Things About Me

"10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 NIV

Sometimes in life, we hear lies and start believing them. Lies are so damaging.
At Catalyst Conference, Robert Madu's teaching time had me in tears! It was so good.
A lot of people leave during the supper break at Catalyst and do not return. I have never done that in the past 11 years I"ve volunteered because those Thursday nights are special. This year, we were led in worship by Hillsong United. For someone like me, that was a once in a lifetime chance. 
I remember hearing Robert Madu 3 years ago, and I was excited to hear him again. 
Madu talked about the fact that right after Jesus was baptized, He went into the wilderness. He said, "There is a connection between the water and the wilderness. You get baptized, then you go to battle."
When Jesus came up out of the water, God spoke and the Holy Spirit came down on Jesus.
Mark 9:

The Baptism and Testing of Jesus

At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Life is not easy. Jesus came to give us abundant life, but not an easy life.
Let me tell you what Robert Madu said that rocked my world. He said it MANY times too.

I AM LOVED

I AM A CHILD OF GOD

AND HE IS PLEASED WITH ME

That's what I want you to know about me. That's what I want you to know about you.
You are loved. You are a child of God and He is pleased with you.
Just like He was pleased with Jesus.
Madu said, "What if we filter EVERYTHING through that? Every night thing said to you - say those things back to it."
For me, in the past, I've struggled with perfomanced based thinking. .that I had to be good enough for people or God to love me.
NOT TRUE!
Nothing I can do will make God love me any more or any less. I"m His child. Period.
And, He is pleased with me. He's not angry at me. He's not up in Heaven ready to strike me down with something. 
If you are struggling today, please let me pray for you. I'd love to. 
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment