Wednesday, September 20, 2017

How Should A Christian Dress?

"Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you MUST clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12 NLT

Yesterday in our staff meeting, Pastor Butch asked us how we should dress for church.
We of course, thinking material wise, said with modesty, covered up, etc.
Then he read these verses in Colossians.
My Scripture writing for today happened to be these same verses, so I wanted to share.
You see verse 12 at the top, now let's see verses 13 and 14.

13 Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the LORD forgave you, so you must forgive others.

14 Above all, clothe yourselves with LOVE, which binds together in perfect harmony.

I like the word "Tenderhearted" in verse 12. I have no idea what the Greek or Hebrew would have been for it, but it shows me that we shouldn't just give mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience in an angry type of way.
We are to give it tenderheartedly. 
And we are to be DRESSED in those things. 
You know that whole saying that you might be the only Bible some people read?
It's true.
If they see Christians mistreating each other, not forgiving, being mean, and so on and so forth... they will want NO part of it.
We can't tell people about Jesus and all He did for us if we are acting like the world.
I know I need to work on these things myself. Especially at home with 3 teenagers. LOL
Which areas do you need to work on? I'd be glad to pray for you if you need it.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment