Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Power of Our Words

Jesus said, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[b] loosed in heaven.” Matthew 16:19 NIV


First of all, let me say, I fully believe that God is Omni everything... Ominipotent and omnipresent, etc, so please do not take what I'm about to write wrong. This is a new thing I've learned and I think it's HUGE, but you've got to wrap your brain around it.
Secondly, I honestly do not think we human beings understand just how powerful our words are. Because, if we did, we'd watch what we say much more closely.
I received a small book from a friend a while back titled "God's Creative Power" by Charles Capps. I did not read all of it when it was given to me. The other day, I saw it, and I knew that I needed to read it right now.
Right off the bat, Mr. Capps writes, "Christianity is called "the great confession", but most Christians who are defeated in life are defeated because they believe and confess the wrong things. They have spoken the words of the enemy, and those words hold them in bondage."
Take a minute and let that sink in.
In Mark chapter 9, verse 23 says, “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
This statement in context was Jesus talking to a father who asked Jesus to heal his son. A demonic spirit had him, and would often throw his son in fires and such. The dad was like, "If you can heal him." So, Jesus was like "IF"? Of course I can.
Everything is possible for one who believes. Jesus did not say, "some things", "a few things", "a couple of things". He said EVERYTHING.
So, when you sit around speaking defeated words over your life, you are giving the enemy power, and you are binding God's hands.
Yes, God can do anything. Anything EXCEPT violate His own Word.
I am guilty of this. "We are broke." "We don't have enough money for this." On and on.
What I should have been declaring and decreeing is that I am blessed and highly favored.
That GOD is my Provider. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I'm His daughter.
If you will sit down and take God's Word and declare it over your life, your life will change. There is a Scripture for just about everything we deal with, even now, in 2017.
I will give just a few examples:
Worry:"I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me." (Isaiah 54:14)
Health: "Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law. Therefore, I forbid any sickness or disease to come upon this body. Every disease, germ, and every virus that touches this body dies instantly in the name of Jesus. Every organ and every tissue of this body functions in the perfection to which God created it to function, and I forbid any malfunction in this body, in the name of Jesus." (Galatians 3:13; Romans 8:11; Genesis 1:31; Matthew 16:19)
Needs: "For poverty He has given me wealth; for sickness He has given me health; for death He has given me eternal life." (2 Corinthians 8:9; Isaiah 53:5,6; John 10:10; John 5:24)
Wisdom: "I am filled with the knowledge of the Lord's will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding." (Colossians 1:9)
There are many many more I could list, but this post is already long enough. There is a Scripture for everything you are dealing with in your life. You can declare and decree it because it's God's Word and it is good.
If you need prayer, please contact me. I'd love for pray for you. If you'd like any specific decrees over something, email too. If it's in this book, I will type it up for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment