Thursday, July 27, 2017

God's Promises

"He will cover you with His feathers, He will shelter you with His wings, His faithful promises are your armor and protection." Psalm 91: 4

At my church, we are still in this message series called "At The Movies". This past Sunday, one of our Pastor's close friends, Chris Canning was there from Canada. He's cool, and we enjoyed hearing him say "about", because it sounded like "a boot". LOL
He used the movie Taken with Liam Neeson. Man, that's a cool movie. Chris' point was, "When Liam says he's going to do something in a movie, he does it."
God is the same way. He makes promises, and He keeps them.
Chris said God's promises are:
  1. Unconditional: God's promises are unconditional. He doesn't say things He doesn't do. Some of His promises are "if you" then, "I will", but it's still unconditional, for example, Ephesians 6:2 says,  “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise—“so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
  2. Unilateral: God's promises fall solely on Him. We just have to sit back and receive it.
  3. Eternal: God's promises are eternal for us. They aren't for a season or just around for a little while.
The enemy wants us to forget out testimony and God's promises. So, we must cling to God's promises. We do that by:
1.Reconciliation: God wants to reconcile us to Him. He wants to have a relationship with us.
2. Redemption: God wants our lives to be redeemed by Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. 
3. Restoration: God wants to restore us to Him...and restore the things in our lives that the enemy has taken. 
God's promises have purposes and plans. Otherwise, they'd be empty promises. Ya know? 
Let me share a few promises with you:
Genesis 28:15, "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
2 Chronicles 7:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Jeremiah 30:17, "But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’
declares the Lord‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’
Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Chris said, "If God says He will do it, then it's all on Him. So how do we sit back and receive it?"
1.Posture: your attitude goes a long way! If you are negative and disbelieving, living a defeated life, how do you expect things to go?
2.Prayer: When we look to our Heavenly Father and say, "I know you have me in the palm of your hand." it helps. We need to pray and become intimate with Him. He says He will do it, even if we can't believe it.
Have faith today! God WILL DO whatever He said He would.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment