Tuesday, July 25, 2017

You Are Chosen

"You didn't choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name." Jesus in John 14:16

Did you know you'd been chosen? A long time ago in school, we used to have to choose our team players during P.E. Most of the time, the person with the least athletic ability, was chosen last. 
I know a lot of single people who feel like they haven't been "chosen" just yet. We all want to be picked, don't we? We all want to be chosen, because that in turn, means we are valuable, right?
Well, you are valuable and you are ALREADY chosen. Jesus chose you. Yes, you. The one who thinks they aren't good enough. The one who feels lonely day in and day out.
You are never alone if you have Jesus. And, my friend, HE CHOSE YOU!
Jesus could have decided to not go to the cross. He was in the garden praying and He was so stressed out about it that His was sweating blood. However, He yielded to God's will. He knew what God had planned was best.
So, He took a brutal beating, took on all our sickness', and it killed Him. He went to that length for us. 
The Good News is, death couldn't keep Him! He rose on the third day! 
My Pastor said something recently that really stuck out in my mind. "Christianity is based on history. On facts." We have proof that Jesus died and rose again. He was seen by many people who wrote about Him. These other religions aren't like that. 
I want to encourage you today. If you are struggling with loneliness, thinking that no one cares and you are all alone, hear me out.. you are NOT alone. God has chosen you. He wants to have a personal relationship with you. 
In John 14, verse 23 it says, "Jesus replied, "All who love Me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them."
It's an individual, personal, relationship. 
He chose you. Now will you choose Him?
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment