Thursday, July 13, 2017

Emotions & Feelings

"As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be disgraced." Romans 10:11


Last night's Bible study with Mr. Earnest was really good. He started off asking had we ever questioned if we were saved or not. I was thinking, "Maybe a long time ago. How does this apply to me?"
Then, he started talking about how people say they don't "FEEL saved." Have you ever had a time like that in your life?
Maybe things in your life aren't going the way you thought they would. That happens to all of us. I'm a prime example! LOL
Mr. Earnest said, "Salvation is not about emotions or feelings. A lot of times we go on feelings. Salvation is given by God and no one can take it away. It doesn't matter what you do or don't do, Jesus suffered and died ONCE."
We are human and want to "FEEL & SEE" things. But that's the opposite of faith.
Faith is believing without seeing. Faith is trusting and knowing God's got your back, even when you don't feel like He does.
God is the same, yesterday, today and forever. He doesn't lie. He loves us steadfastly, unconditionally, and whole heartedly. That can be trusted. It's written all throughout Scripture.
Here is another great point Mr. Earnest said, "Feelings are unreliable. Emotions are untrustworthy. Emotions ruin our lives. We ask God to take things away but it doesn't go, so then we get upset with Him. We need to put our feelings and emotions under the subjection of the Holy Spirit."
We need to put our feelings and emotions under the subjection of the Holy Spirit.
WOW!
Asking the Holy Spirit to lead, guide, and direct us each day with all truth, is the way we should be living. Not by our emotions and feelings.
Now here is another point that stepped on my toes: "Stop thinking about ourselves and think about the truth of God and His Word. Use God's Word to pull you out of stuff."
I am GUILTY of doing that, even just this week. When Mr. Earnest started teaching, I was thinking, "We are saved, we don't question our salvation." But when he got to all of this, I knew this message was for me.
I LOVE how God works! 
I needed this reminder to stop listening to the enemies lies, stop basing things on how I FEEL, and start saying the truth over myself.
God's Word is truth. It's life! It's alive!
There is something in the Bible for every situation in your life. Anything you are going through, He's got a Word that will help you through it. One big emotion is fear. Did you know that God tells us not to fear 365 times in the Bible? That's one time for every day of the year. I think He's made His point. LOL
Don't be like me, and allow your emotions and feelings to get you off course. Don't listen to the enemy's lies. All he wants to do is get you away from God. 
If you need prayer, please contact me. I would love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment