Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Guaranteed Blessing

"If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully keep all His commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world." Deuteronomy 28:1

Before you get worried, please know that this is not a "name it and claim it" post.
I simply wrote this Scripture today and wanted to share it with you. 
You see, throughout the Scripture, God clearly says, "If you ____", "Then, I will_____."
However, people don't believe what His Word says.
Now, this is Old Testament, but a lot of what is there still stands true today and can be used as a reference.
I live my life by treating people the way I want to be treated, loving everyone, and doing whatever God asks because my ultimate goal in life is to please Him.
I'm not the type to do something for someone just so they will do something back for me. It's just not how I'm wired.
So, honestly, this type of Scripture can be a struggle for me. BUT GOD. I know in my heart that He reveals things to me so that I will live it out and share it. This is one of those times.
Let me show you verses 2-6.
2 "You will experience all these blessings if you obey the LORD your God:
3 Your towns and fields will be blessed.
4 Your children and your crops will be blessed. The offspring of your herds and flocks will be blessed.
5 Your fruit baskets and breadboards will be blessed.
6 Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed."
In a nutshell, God says, "If you obey Me and keep My commandments, I will bless you."
Here is the kicker: We don't live under the law anymore. We live under grace. So does this even apply to us?
YEP! We should still uphold the 10 commandments, and any other commandments we read in the Word.
We should be living the way God has called us to live, and doing the things God has called us to do. 
I don't know about you, but I'd like my work, my children, and my pantry to be blessed. 
Life is hard. Things happen that can cause us heartache and hardships. 
God is saying here, "If you'd just live my way, I'll bless you."
This isn't a MAYBE He will bless us. Or, "He might bless us." This is "I WILL BLESS YOU."
I think we have times when we forget what God says. For example, the Scripture Philippians 4:13 which says, "I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." NLT
We tend to think EVERYTHING or ALL in some translations isn't real. It doesn't apply to us. Or that maybe God has limits and He only does certain things for certain people.
That's a lie from the enemy my friend. The truth is, God loves you with a constant steadfast love. He WANTS to bless you. He just wants you to live for Him so He can.
Why don't we take God at His Word? What causes us to think these negative things? 
I pray that you will apply this to your life today. It's my hope that you will have a breakthrough to see the truth and that the truth will set you free.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment