Thursday, May 18, 2017

Who Is Leading You?

"When the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you in to all truth. He will not speak on His own but will tell you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future." John 16:13 NLT

I am really enjoying this Bible study on the Holy Spirit. Like my Pastor has said during his message series, the Holy Spirit really is the most ignored one of the Trinity. I think it's because He's the most misunderstood. 
Jesus said that He was sending the Holy Spirit in place of Himself. Jesus was going back to Heaven, so He sent the Holy Spirit to replace Himself.
The Holy Spirit dwells IN us. If the Holy Spirit is God, why don't we let Him lead us?
Why do we continue to try to live life on own terms and by our own decisions?
One of the things I highlighted in my Bible study book says, "The trouble with many folks is that instead of looking to the Holy Ghost within them to guide and lead them, they are looking on the outside for their answer. They are running around looking for another person to give them the answer they need."
OUCH!
He's right though. I can tell you the truth, that I have done that in my past. Heck, I still do it sometimes. But I'm learning not to.
The answers we need, the leading we need, the guidance we need, is right inside of you if you are a believer in Jesus.
If we will learn to listen to Him and look to Him, He will guide us.
How do you hear Him? I'm glad you asked...
He is that still small voice in your head. He's that gut feeling you have sometimes. 
He's the wisdom in the Scriptures that He brings to your mind. He's the guiding words in the things you read each day.
If you pay close enough attention, things literally will jump out at you all day long to try to show you the way.
Ask my best friend. Some days I send her like 10 emails of things I've read that are either for her, for me, or for us both.
God uses the words of others to reach me at times. (Most of the time, they are devotional type emails.)
I pray that you will let the Holy Spirit lead and guide you. It is changing my life! 
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment