Monday, May 22, 2017

Walking By Faith

"God Himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee He has given us His Holy Spirit. So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. For we live by believing and not by seeing." 2 Corinthians 5:5-7

I read something in my Bible study book the other day that really hit home. While God created us to be emotional beings, who have a soul, He did not intend for us to let those emotions and feeling rule us.
We are all guilty of this from time to time in life. I know I am for sure. I am the type of person who wears her feelings on her sleeve, as they say, which is just a weird way to say it's easy to get my feelings hurt. 
However, when it comes to Godly things, we do not need to let our feelings rule us. We need to walk by faith.
God has given us His Word for several reasons, but the biggest reason is that the entire book is pointing us to Jesus. One thing that's taken me 43 years to learn is that my value comes from God and God alone. The main way I have gotten this through my thick skull and broken heart is by believing what the Bible says about me.
So, why do we allow our feelings to over take us and believe them over God's Word?
My Bible study book says, "Feelings are the voice of the flesh. If you are walking by feelings, you are being dominated by the flesh. But the Bible tells us to crucify the flesh. If the flesh is crucified, the voice of the flesh is also to be crucified.
You can't walk by feelings and be a successful Christian, for if you are walking by feelings, then your flesh, not your Spirit is dominating you."
Along with your feelings, come your reason. You can't walk by reason either because that's the voice of your mind.
Walking by faith is the way God wants us to live.
What does it mean to walk by faith? I'm glad you asked!
It means letting the Holy Spirit lead you.It's about yielding to Him and allowing Him to work in your life.
It also means listening to what God say in the Bible and acting on it.
I told my daughter, who will be 15 next week, that if she could grasp the truth of who she is in Christ, the rest of her life would be so different.
You believe God's Word about who you are, and when someone tries to bully you, it doesn't work. They can't tell you that you are ugly because you tell them you are God's Masterpiece created for good works. (Ephesians 2:10)
With the Holy Spirit in us, we have all the power we need to walk by faith. We do not have to dominated by our feelings. 
1 John 4:4 NLT says, "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world."
Greater is He that is IN you, so let Him lead you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment