Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Who Has Your Back?

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


I have said it many times, and I will say it again. Life is hard sometimes!

Today's Scripture was in my writing plan...and it inspired me to write.

You see, in life, we are meant to be joined with someone. And by "joined", I do NOT mean marriage only. Some people actually feel called to be single. We need to do whatever God has called us to.

Doing life with friends and family is what I am referring to. So, please do not feel like you are less of a person because you aren't married. That's simply not the truth.

On that same note, do not feel bad if you are married but you are struggling. That's ok too.

My point is, who is in your life that has your back? Because we all need those people.

I have a best friend, who is honestly more like a sister to me. I don't have any siblings. She has been in my life for several years now. I trust her with my life. I tell her everything. She prays for me, I pray for her, and we sincerely do have each other's backs.

This is what Solomon was talking about in this passage. Oh, oh.. let me share the another verse  with you as well.

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." (verse 12)

How awesome is that? Standing alone, we are warned of attack and defeat. But back-to-back, with someone else, we will conquer! That's gives me strength!!! 

Also, as far as the three, that's even better. It doesn't HAVE to be a human, God can be your third person. (I know people who use that in their marriage ceremonies, they actually braid a cord to represent each of them and God with them.)

If you have a friendship/ relationship that has God at the center, you will be fine. It doesn't mean life will be easy, but man, it's so much EASIER with someone who loves you walking with you.

I am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life. I know without a doubt, that they have my back and will help me when and if I ask. 

If you don't have that, you need it. Don't let satan shame or guilt you into staying alone. Don't let his lies of "No one will like you if they know the real you." or "No one wants to be your friend." ring in your ears. They are LIES!

You were made for community. You are lovable, because God loves you first, and people want to be a part of your life. I know, it takes effort and vulnerability, but friend, it's worth it!

I will not be defeated sitting home alone. I've got people that I am back-to-back with, and we are fighting through this life together. Who do you have?

God bless you today and always!




No comments:

Post a Comment