Friday, May 5, 2017

Trusting God

"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. 

Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Earlier this week, I had a conversation with someone that I cannot get out of my mind or heart.

This person mentioned not sleeping well. When my daughter was younger, she used to wake up at night screaming. It was horrible! One of my cousins told me to start reading Psalm 91 out loud. So, I did. It worked so well, and we all slept better, that I ended up saying it in our hall way each night before bed for a year.

Based on how well it helped us, I recommend it to anyone who says they aren't sleeping well. Psalm 91 is a great protective Scripture.

This person, who I suggested it to said, and I quote, "I don't trust God like that, but thank you for the suggestion."


Don't trust God like that?

You don't take God's Word and believe that it can help you?

You don't trust that what God says in His Word is right and true?

You don't pray Scriptures?

I was in total shock.

Without a doubt, I can tell you that I am where I am today BECAUSE I trusted God this whole time.

If I would have just kept trying to do life on my own, I would be basket case!

Two miscarriages in 1996. Three births with early labor. Those three were a little sickly as babies. Then, my husband tells me he doesn't love me and I'm too Godly, after 19 years of marriage, in 2012... then he leaves in 2013. 

This has not exactly been the ideal fairy tale life.

BUT GOD!

He touched my heart in 1996 after my second miscarriage. Which, by the way, was twin boys, and they were due in May of 1997. So if I would have had them, they'd be turning 20 years old this month! 

I RAN to God when I felt the peace He gave me. That peace that passes all understanding... yeah, it's amazing.

Trusting God is saying to Him, "You know me better than I do. I know you have a plan for my life, so show me what you want me to do Lord. I give my life to you fully. I want what you want. I want to live for you, tell others about you, and follow you closely. In Jesus name, amen."

Then, you walk it out. You live your life daily for Him. You pray and read your Bible. You listen to and get to know the Holy Spirit. 

I don't know about you, but the times that I have tried to do things my own way, have never worked out. But when I do life God's way, things are better.

My life isn't perfect. It's still not a fairy tale happy ending or anything. And I'm totally ok with that.

I love my life. I am content. The Lord has my heart fully and I trust Him with every fiber of my being. He's first for me. Then, my children are second. 

Trusting someone so fully can be hard, especially when you've been hurt or had your trust broken by someone.

Can I tell you this? God is not like humans when it comes to this type stuff. You can trust Him. He won't break your trust. He loves you unconditionally, no matter what. He has a purpose and a plan for your life. He wants a relationship with you. 

Your value comes from Him. You are His masterpiece created for good works.

Why wouldn't you trust your Creator?

I'm so glad I do. If you struggle with trusting Him, I would love to pray for you. Please get in touch with me. I've been praying for this other person all week, because it just won't leave my heart.

God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment