Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Power of The Gospel

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father." Jesus, in John 14:12

The Gospel, also called The Good News, is simply telling people what God did for us. It is the Redemption story of how Jesus took our sins and made a way for us.

I realize on some levels it all sounds crazy.

Why would a loving God require such a sacrifice? How can we believe that Jesus did that when it was so long ago and we can't see Him?

God is a just God. But He's also not a robot making God. If He would have wanted little creatures to just love, obey, and do what He wanted, He could have created that.

Instead, He created humans and gave us a free will. He gave us a choice, to live for Him or not.

However, He wants us ALL to live for Him. We see that in the most famous Bible verse of all, John 3:16. 

God doesn't have favorites. The Israelites are His chosen people. But they aren't His favorite. If they were, then Jesus never would have sacrificed Himself for us gentiles. So thinking that God only loves a select few people is incorrect. God doesn't love Pastors/ Preachers any more than He loves little ole me.

Honestly, I don't think we understand the power of the Gospel and what it actually does for people.

In his book Prophetic Evangelism, Sean Smith gives us some insight:

1. The Gospel releases power to see restored lives, relationships, dreams, and the ability to walk forward into God's plan.

2. We've been given an authority to partner with God to bring Good News to people, to break bondages off of people, and to restore God's blessing.

3. Prophetic evangelism connects what people don't understand about the Gospel to what they do understand.

You see, Jesus is the answer. His Redeeming love is what people need in their lives. It changes you.

Even if you've been living for God for years, like me, something recently really changed me. It is not only the fact that I have fully surrendered my life to Him, but also I fully know where my value comes from.

I live and walk daily in knowing that I am God's daughter. My value comes from Him and no one else. He really is the answer to all of our problems.

Do you have a personal relationship with Him?  Do you want to?

All you have to do is tell Him that. He will be right there with you and speak to your heart as soon as you do. Talk to someone about it if you need to. They will help you as well.

As a Christian, are you telling people about Jesus? Why or why not?

There are still SO many people who don't know Him or aren't living fully for Him. 

Tell your story. That's all you have to do. When I typed "story", I hit the M instead of the Y at first. 

That's the Gospel right there.... Jesus turned your STORM into your STORY! Praise Him and thank Him for that, then go tell someone else!

Sean Smith also said, "It is vital that we take God's answers to our prayers, get up off of our knees, and go tell people what God has said!"

Will you tell someone today? I hope so!

God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment