Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Finding Real Life

"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:1-3


Are you searching for something in your life? Do you feel like something is missing? I bet someone is thinking "happiness", and you can pin point it in 2 seconds.

Maybe you've been looking in the wrong place for things.

REAL life, abundant life, joyful life comes from God.

It does not mean that life will be perfect. That's just not possible here on earth.

It does mean that you have a Heavenly Father who will be with you every step of the way, though.

I believe we tend to place our identity in places we shouldn't. Our society is now to the point that people are allowed to "IDENTIFY" however they want. Males can identify as females and use a women's restroom. That's just not how God planned things to be.

Your real life, your identity should be in Christ. Like it says in verse 3.

At this point in my life, I have contentment. I am happy with everything in my life, but one thing, and it's my fault. (My weight.)

Are things perfect? NOPE. My kids and I have been battling sickness for a long time now. My middle son seems to catch everything! But these past two weeks have really been rough. Upper respiratory stuff passed around, and Sunday he had stomach issues. So, I'm not over here telling you that my life is perfect.

To go one step further, I went to log on to my website to write this blog post, and I think it's been hacked. Perfect? Not by a long shot.

Content? Absolutely!

I know that my identity is in Christ. I am who He says I am. I am His daughter who He dearly loves, and I see these things for what they are.

Attacks from the enemy.

But when these attacks come... I know who holds me. I know who's I am. In REAL LIFE, I am not going to fold under the pressure.

If you are struggling, please take my suggestion of putting God first in your life. God is my everything. I love Him so much. 

He loves you so much too and He wants a relationship with you. 

He wants you to live a real life with Him. A daily life, in prayer, Bible reading, and whatever else He has planned for you.

I pray that you will take some time and think about this. Because, to me, REAL LIFE is the only way I want to live.

God bless you today and always!


No comments:

Post a Comment