Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I Have This Hope

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the One who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I AM the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom. I gave Ethiopa and Sheba in your place." Isaiah 43:1-3

This Scripture was part of my daily writing. I absolutely LOVE how God says and does things.
There is a Christian band named Tenth Ave North. Their music is really good. Their lead singer has a unique voice too, if you know me, you know I"m a voice person.
Anyway... their latest song is called "I Have This Hope." I have shared the video on a blog post a few weeks ago, but I had to do a whole post now that I read this Scripture.
They wrote the song based off this Scripture. On the radio station, KLOVE, they do little promo spots about songs. Mike, the lead singer of Tenth Ave North talks about this song. He said he had to write it, but that he wishes it said, "When you walk on top of the water." 
Here is why:
God does not promise that we will have a happy go lucky easy life. This is just one of many Scriptures that prove that:
In verse 2, He says, WHEN you go through deep waters. WHEN you go through rivers of difficulty, WHEN you walk through the fire of oppression.
Not if, or you might, but WHEN.
BUT GOD! Each WHEN has a promise!
Deep waters = I am with you
Rivers of Difficulty = you will not drown
Fire of oppression = flames will not consume you
Back up there in verse 1, He says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine."
Do you know that you are God's? Do you know that He's with you through all the crap that happens in your life?
And more importantly, like my other post, do you know that He isn't causing the bad stuff to happen to you?
I hope so. Because He loves us so much, and why would He say He's with us through the flood or the fire if He was causing them?
Please take a minute to listen to this song: I Have This Hope
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment