Sunday, April 16, 2017

Stop Blaming God

"Don't you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can't you see that His kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?" Romans 2:4
I'm sure you are thinking this is an odd title for Resurrection Sunday, but I don't think it is.
I read the above Scripture the other day, and it really did something to my heart.
I felt compassion towards God. I know that sounds weird, but I did.
Let me tell you why...
God gets blamed for a lot of things He does not do, things all over the world, and it breaks my heart when He gets blamed for stuff.
The other day, one of my friends posted on Facebook that he is tired of seeing people tell other people that "God is going to get them." I agreed.
Someone did not, and started posting Scriptures and debating that God is a just God. 
I totally agree with Him being just, it's the seeking vengeance part I disagree with.
When you look to see what God is like, you should look at the person of Jesus.
The Old Testament is there for reference for us. God allowed it in the Bible so we could learn things, but He had to do things different back then.
Jesus brought in a new covenant. He fulfilled the law and created said new covenant.
This is why I wanted to write and tell you to stop blaming God for the bad stuff in the world.
Did you ever once see Jesus beat someone up? Even verbally?
What about the woman caught in the act of adultery? There is a 95% chance that she was naked standing in the street. Did He stone her? Did He verbally abuse her? No.
He loved her, and told her to stop sinning.
God is not going to let a tree fall through your house, give your cancer, or kill someone you love to get your attention.
If He did, what kind of Father would He be? 
An abusive one!
God is not an abusive Father. 
On this Resurrection Sunday, I want to remind you that God LOVES you!
That's why He sent Jesus to die, be buried and rise from the dead, for you!
It's my prayer and someone reads this today who really needs it. 
God is for you. If it's not good, it's not God, as my Pastor always says.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment