Saturday, January 21, 2017

Walking With God

"3 Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. 
4 Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart's desires.
5 Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust Him, and He will help you.
6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
7 Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes." Psalm 37: 3-7
I have a Min-Pin dog named Toby. (Yes, I named him after the singer Toby Mac.)  He was a stray a friend of mine found in the fall of 2012. She already had too many dogs, so we took him. Around May of last year, after our other Min-Pin, Tink,  passed away, we got him to the vet because he seemed to have her symptoms.
Turns out, he's diabetic. So, I have to give him insulin shots twice a day. Not too long after he was diagnosed, he went blind. It hurt my heart. It still makes me sad, because even though he knows our house, he still runs into things sometimes. 
The other day, one of our outside dogs dug out of the backyard. She headed off down the road, and Toby followed her. But, then, he couldn't find his way home. It was hot that day. He was so hot. I had to go down the road and literally get him to listen to my voice, pat my hand on my leg, and let him follow me home. (I didn't pick him up because I wanted him to walk the path.)
Suddenly, I was reminded of our walk with God. How He wants us to listen for His voice, and follow His ways. Today, these Scriptures I posted above were in my Scripture writing, and it seemed so fitting.
Let me break it down for you:
Verse 3 is a straight up promise from God! If we trust Him and do good, we will live safely in the land and prosper. 
Verse 4, God wants us to "delight' in Him. Dictionary.com defines delight as, "a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment; joy" I think some people struggle with this, because they think God is just up there waiting for them to mess up so He can strike them down. NOT TRUE! God is all around us, and IN us if we are Christ followers. He wants you to have joy, and joy to the full. The promise here is after you delight in Him, He will give you the desires of your heart.
DESIRES, plural. That jumped out at me today. I guess I was saying it wrong. Desire. Nope, God wants to give you the DESIRES of your heart. All you have to do is have joy in Him. Love Him, live for Him.
Verse 5, if we commit EVERYTHING we do to God, and trust Him, He will help us. Isn't that awesome? I love how He's giving us things to do, then telling us the promise of what He will do.
Verse 6, God will help others see that you are innocent if someone is trying to accuse you of something. He will justify you!
Verse 7, Being still in the presence of God and waiting patiently isn't always easy, but we need to try. And, we need not worry when it looks like people who aren't living for God have a better life than we do. Trust me, they don't.
Living for God is the best way to live. Just look at all He does for us! He wants to bless you. 
He wants you to have a great life in Him.
We just need to trust Him. Mr. Ernest has been talking about that in Bible study. He said, "You can't trust someone you don't know." So, maybe that's what's going on with you.
Maybe you need to get to know God so you can trust Him and live like this?
We can get to know Him by reading His Word, praying and listening. He will reveal Himself to you. I promise. He wants to have a personal relationship with you. 
I pray that this is just what someone needed to read today. If it's you, will you let me know? Also, if you need prayer, just ask. I love praying for other people!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment