Sunday, January 22, 2017

Stop Being Angry

"Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper - it only leads to harm." Psalm 37:8
Today's Scripture writing was more from Psalm 37.
In light of the past few days events in America, this Scripture screamed at me. I feel like God wants to use it as a message for many.
America has gone crazy because we have a new President. I realize a lot of the back lash is out of fear. But it's also out of anger too.
Many people have been rioting and looting stores. Why does this President make you so angry that you have to destroy other people's stuff?
This might step on some toes, but in the same regard, why are you so angry that you are fighting on Facebook with people?
Ok, you don't like Donald Trump. I get it. But there is NOTHING you can do about it now.
We can't change the past. 
I will be fully honest with you... I am not "news" or "political" person. It just doesn't interest me at all. However, I fully understand that you can't change the past, and worrying about the future is pointless.
As a Christians, God has our lives planned out. He has a purpose for us. No one can change that. We might make wrong decisions, and throw a monkey wrench in His plans, but you better bet that what He wants will always come to pass anyway.
Yelling and screaming at people, fighting on social media, and hurting other people is not Christ like at all. Isn't that what "CHRISTIAN" means? To be "Christ-like"?
Just like this verse says, "Stop being angry! Turn from your rage!" What GOOD is coming out of this?
None.
You are entitled to your opinion. You have freedom of speech thankfully because our constitution. But, is your anger bringing anyone into a relationship with Christ?
The one thing non-Christians are looking for is Christians who act stupid and treat each other bad. It gives them one more excuse to never fully surrender their life to Christ.
So, think about it before you allow anger and rage to take over.
Think before you speak or type. "Am I truly representing God with what I'm about to say?"
God is love. I just don't think He would approve of all this hate.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment