Thursday, January 19, 2017

Good Good Father

"5 There may be so-called gods both in heaven and on earth, and some people actually worship many gods and many lords. But for us,
There is one God, the Father,
    by whom all things were created,
    and for whom we live.
And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    through whom all things were created,
    and through whom we live." 1 Corinthians 8: 5-6
Have you heard Chris Tomlin sing Good Good Father? I like that song. It was actually written by this group in Atlanta called HouseFires. (They also sing one of my favorite songs, "Yes and Amen.")
This song means a couple of different things to me. But I wanted to start of by telling you about my earthly dad.
I realize for some, it's very hard to consider God as a Father because their earthly dad stunk. I hate that for you. My dad isn't perfect, but I know he loves me, and I'm always his "favorite daughter". ( LOL, because I'm his only one.)
My ex husband works 3pm to 11pm, so he isn't able to help me with the kids in the evenings. Our oldest son is 19 and has a car, but our middle son, who is 17 is just not interested in driving. He is taking some classes in the afternoon because his homeschooling credit did not transfer to public school. 
Yesterday afternoon was a nightmare for me. My oldest son was at my desk at work needing gas money, my daughter text asking me to get her from school because she didn't feel good and didn't want to ride the bus home, then my middle son text to say his friend wasn't at school to drive him to his afternoon classes.
My first call was to my dad. THANK YOU JESUS for my dad!
He was already going to get my daughter when I got the text about my son needing to get to class. And on top of all of this, my dad had already planned to pick up my son at 6 so I could attend Bible study.
I know this is just a weird example, but it's how God provides for us too. 
God wants to be our Father, our Provider, our Peace, our Righteousness. He wants to be our everything. 
As Mr. Ernest, who is like my Spiritual dad, says at Bible study, "If you woke up this morning, Thank God. He's the one who woke you up."
God really is a Good Good Father to us. He wants us to turn to Him turning the good times and the bad times. 
If your dad isn't as cool as mine, that's ok. God wants to replace what you've lost. He wants to be there for you when your dad wasn't. He is Father to the orphan too. He's always there. He will never leave you or forsake you. He promises! And unlike some human fathers, He ALWAYS keeps His promise.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment