Friday, January 27, 2017

Amazingly Simple

"If God so clothes the grass of the field... will He not much more clothe you?" Matthew 6:30
Oswald Chambers must have been a very smart man who was really in tune to God. I read one of his devotionals in "My Utmost For His Highest". And it really made an impact on me.
"How can we maintain the simplicity of Jesus so that we may understand Him? By receiving His Spirit, recognizing and relying on Him, and obeying Him as He brings us the truth of His Word, life will become amazingly simple.
Consecration is the act of continually separating myself from everything except that which God has appointed me to do. It is not a onetime experience but an ongoing process. Am I continually separating myself and looking to God every day of my life?"
I know that might sound weird to some people, but let's break this down and see it for what it is.
The Scripture posted above is the one where Jesus was telling people not to worry. I think Chambers used that one because when we worry it takes our focus off of God, and on to ourselves or our circumstances.
It also tends to make us self reliant, which is exactly what Chambers said we shouldn't be. We need to fully rely on God. We need to receive His Spirit, rely on Him, obey Him and live by His Word.
When we do, life will be amazing simple! Don't you love that phrase? AMAZINGLY SIMPLE.
I have never thought of those two words together.
Right now, my town is anything but amazingly simple. We have so much going on, and so many people trying to help. It's great! But there is nothing simple about it.
This is a time that we need to turn to God, allow the people in charge to coordinate the rest of us, and just do what we can where we can. It's still about relying, obeying, and living for God.
I don't know about you, but simple sounds real good right now! LOL
Living for God is a process though. We can't expect to just wake up one day and live for God the way He wants us to.
We have to wake up, and as Mr. Ernest always says, "Thank God that He woke you up this morning." Then, pray and ask Him to guide you through the day. 
When something comes up, turn to God and let Him help you through it. If you feel led to do something by the Spirit, obey and do it. And by all means, take a few minutes to read the Bible. It's so full of information to help you walk with God. People just don't read the Bible anymore for some reason. I enjoy reading mine, writing Scripture, and doing that SOAP technique on Scripture.
If you aren't praying or reading your Bible, it's harder to hear God. Those are two ways He communicates back with us. This will also help your process of daily living for Him.
I hope and pray that you will begin living an amazingly simple life in the Lord!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment