Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Why Be Normal?

"But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?” Exodus 3: 11

Ask anyone of my family members or friends, and they will admit that I am not "normal". I am a little bit weird, and I actually don't mind being weird. LOL
I was reminded of this when Sean Smith said, "God takes normal people to change the world but once God picks you, you aren't normal anymore." 
I love that!
So, that's my reason from now on. God took me, molded me, changed me, and I'm just not normal anymore. (I wish I had a big smiley face to put right here. LOL)
Moses did not feel like he was capable of leading God's people out of Egypt. He felt unqualified, seeing as how he had murdered someone, and ran from God. Moses became a shepherd for 40 years because he thought that's all he was worth. BUT GOD! God had other plans for his life. Just like He has for us!
I was just a regular person too, living life on my own, apart from God to a degree in 1996.
When He touched me, and I felt His peace, I RAN back to Him.
In 2013, I felt lead to start writing a blog. I had no idea what I was doing, exactly, but I went for it.
I LOVE writing! I feel like it's the gift He has given me. Now, I see it even more clear, that this gift helps people come to know Him better.
My passion is to let people know how much God loves them. The reason for that is because I did not really know it until I was an adult.
Also, I feel like people think God is just a big bully in heaven waiting for them to mess up so He can strike them down. That's just plain WRONG!
God is amazing! His characteristics are being slow to anger, abounding in love, heck, He IS love!
In Exodus 34: 6, God was going past Moses, look at what the Scripture says,
"The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out,
“Yahweh! The Lord!
    The God of compassion and mercy!
I am slow to anger
    and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness."
God is not like human beings. Most of us are not slow to anger. Most of us are not filled with compassion and mercy. Some of our love looks conditional, and don't even get me started on how unfaithful we can be.
If we want to live a fulfilled life, we need to be like God, because God isn't normal either. LOL
Who's with me? Are you ready to not be normal?
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment