Wednesday, November 2, 2016

God's Umbrella

"For the LORD grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield for those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to Him." Proverbs 2: 6-8 NLT
I mentioned reading Proverbs this month a couple of days ago. No one got in touch with me, so I'm not sure who is reading along, but that's ok. I wanted to share these verses jumped out at me from today's verses.
They reminded me of what my Wednesday night Bible teacher, Mr. Ernest talks about. Christians living for God are all protected under God's umbrella.
Mr. Ernest said one time his boss was just yelling and cussing at him about something. He was listening, smiling, and taking in what was being said. The boss asked, "How can you just stand there and smile?" Mr. Ernest's reply was, "Because nothing you say can harm me. I'm under God's protection."
This is a man who is a cancer survivor. This is a man who currently has a left arm that won't move well and a left hand that's swollen twice it's size. But he's not given the enemy any credit. He says nothing can happen to him, because he's protected.
I am reminded of one mine and my mom's favorite passages of Scripture, Psalm 91. Verse 4 is awesome, "He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." (NLT)
We live in a fallen sinful world because of free will and Adam and Eve's choices. This isn't how God wanted it. However, He had to allow free will, otherwise, He would have just created robots that wouldn't love Him.
Therefore, when we become Christ followers, when we are living for Him fully, living a life of integrity, and honesty, we are under God's protective umbrella.
I don't know about you, but there is no other place I'd rather be.
Does this mean life is perfect? UH, NOPE!
Does it mean life is better? ABSOLUTELY!
I am thankful and grateful for a Heavenly Father who protects me. I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season.
I bet you do too. Sometimes, you just have to dig deep into your heart to find it.
Tell me something you are thankful for today. I'd love to hear about it!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment