Thursday, November 3, 2016

"Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. 23 “At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’” 24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. Genesis 2: 22-24 NLT

My Pastor has started a new message series called "Dating, Mating, and Pro-creating". I really love his ideas and take on all of this.
Since I am dating someone, this message really hit home with me.
Here are his top three points, then I have some questions for you!
Josh's definition of dating is "The process to get a spouse. Dating to have fun is not good."
The three RIGHT things:
  1. Right places. Proverbs 4:26 says, "Mark out a straight path for your feet;
        stay on the safe path."  Be careful where you go and where you meet people. Where you find them determines the type of person you end up with.
  2. Right people. We focus on the external too much. How a person looks is not as important as what they are like on the inside. Your attractiveness should come form who you are. Being humble, kind, hard working, forgiving, that's attractive!
  3. Right timing. People make bad decisions because they are in a rush to get married. They settle.
Being unequally yoked is not a good thing. A Christian will have a hard time if they married a non-Christian.
Here are some questions to gage whoever you are dating or the person you are considering dating:
A. What does this person talk about the most? Whatever that is, it's what's important to him or her.
B. When I spend time with them, do I feel encouraged?
C. Do they serve others?
D. Is there anything about their personality that I can't tolerate? (If so, beware! That's the thing that will be magnified in marriage.)
E. How does this person treat their parents?
F. Does this person love Jesus? If they don't... Shut. It. Down.
Here is the best quote from EVER!
"There is something worse than being alone.... it's being married to the wrong person!" - Josh Copron
It's my prayer that you are equally married, fully in love, and/ or in a great dating relationship.
If not, and you need prayer, please ask. I would love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment