Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Political Post

"Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves in tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others."Colossians 3:12-13
I don't normally do this. And I'm sure the world does NOT need another political post, but I feel as if I must write what's on my heart.
In three days time, here in the United States, we will have a Presidential election taking place. I voted early, yesterday, so I could beat the rush on Tuesday. 
I am FAR from a political expert. If I'm being honest, I don't care of politics or news at all. It's rare, even when I did have cable TV to catch me watching any news type anything.
There are a couple of things I have noticed over these last several months that I feel I must address.
First of all, the meanness that's all over social media needs to stop. ESPECIALLY among Christians. We are called to love. Everyone has an opinion, but people are getting offended and being mean to others because of who they are voting for. Can we please just all get along?
We are children of the Most High God. We have allowed the enemy to come in and divide enough already! I mean, seriously, we still have black churches and white churches in 2016. WHY?? Don't get me started on denominations. How many of them do we have?
Let's all get along, ok?
Now, on to my other topic... Revival
Several preachers/ teachers that I have be around the last several months have been praying for revival in our nation.
I think it's already here. Let me tell you why:
More people have been praying because of these two candidates we have running.
More people have been talking about the state of our world, because these two candidates aren't the best to choose from.
More people have asked God to bring revival to our nation and start with them, and I believe it's happening! 
It's my opinion that each and every Christian in the world needs to fully surrender to God.
We need to allow Him to come into our hearts and fill the spaces that only He can fill.
These candidates running for President can't save you. One could possibly make life a little better for us, and the other could maybe make these worse. But neither can save us from anything!
God is our Savior. God is our Heavenly Father who loves us unconditionally and no matter who becomes President on Tuesday, God will still be in charge of this world. That won't change.
If you are registered, use your right to vote on Tuesday if you haven't already. Vote for whoever you feel led to. It's your choice. But, pray first, and vote for whoever you think God wants you to vote for. 
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment