Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Burning Bush Moment

"Do not come any closer," the LORD warned. "Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground. I am the God of your father - the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. When Moses hear this, he covered his face because he was afraid to look at God." Exodus 3:5-6
Friday I was having a down day. I allowed myself to let a bunch of negative thinking get me down.
Have you ever had a day like that?
Normally, I am a very upbeat and positive person. I pretty much always look at the bright side of life and situations.
But for some reason, I sat here and focused all the negative in my life. I don't even know why I did it. 
I text my boyfriend who lifted me up by telling me to focus on God. That God is my Provider and all. Then, I text my best guy friend, Stephen, who told me to count my blessings. 
I was focused on the wrong things. I was magnifying my issues and not my GOD!
So, I left to go pick up my kids from school. After picking up my daughter, we stopped at the little store in town to get a snack and drink.
When we got back in the car, I saw this in my driver's seat.
A heart shaped leaf!
To some, it might not seem like much, but to me, it was a message from God.
"I LOVE YOU JILL" it screamed to my heart.
"I'm here, don't be down. Don't focus on the negative, look at Me." He said.
I was overwhelmed. I had to fight back tears.
Can you believe that the God of the universe, the One who spoke this world into existence, took the time to place a heart shaped leaf in my driver's seat and speak to my heart?
I mean, seriously.
But that's exactly what He does... and exactly how He works.
It's a PERSONAL relationship with Him. No two are alike. God doesn't speak to me, like He does to you. 
I pray that you have a personal relationship with Him. I want you to feel His love like I do. I want you to experience what it's like for the Creator of the world to speak to your heart... and into your life.
If you don't know Him like that, will you start today? Will you simply just pray and tell Him you want to know Him intimately? He's waiting and He loves you so much.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment