Monday, October 31, 2016

Downhill

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
    and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

Saturday, I did something I have not done in a long time. I rode a bike!  (For 7 miles!)
My cousin owns this awesome bike shop in Columbus, Ga, and they rent bikes out to folks because they have a really nice bike path by the river. I have never been on that bike path.
My start was rocky! (Lol, just as my boyfriend. He'll tell you all about it.) I almost ran into a lady sitting on a bench. I didn't have my balance at first.
As we went along the bike trail, I realized just how much I enjoyed coasting downhill. The wind was in my hair, I didn't have to peddle, it was nice!
But each time we went downhill, I knew another uphill climb was coming. At one point, he asked if I wanted to stop on a hill. I was peddling slow and struggling.
My answer was, "NO! If I stop, I lose momentum, and it will be hard to start again. I have to keep moving forward."
Isn't life just like that? We get in the valley, then up the hills of painful times, then we coast downhill easily for a little while... just to start all back over.
The key here is this: God will make your paths straight if you live for Him. The Scripture doesn't say there won't be hills to climb. A straight path with a God who loves you is pretty cool though, in my opinion. 
My understanding gets me in trouble. When I lean into God, His understanding helps me with these hills in life.
Tomorrow is November 1st. I want to challenge you to read Proverbs each day. Go by the date. On the first, read Proverbs chapter 1, then so on each day read the same chapter.
There is so much wisdom in Proverbs! Highlight whatever jumps out at you each day. Email, text, or Facebook/ message me if something is significant for you. I want to share in your journey.
God tells us if we ask for wisdom, He gives it. That's one prayer we know for a fact that He will answer! Let Him guide you through life. It helps the hills not be so rough.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment