Friday, October 28, 2016

God Will Never What?

"One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them. “Where have you come from?” the Lord asked Satan.
Satan answered the Lord, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”
Then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.” Job 1: 6-8
Have you heard that saying, "God will never give you more than you can handle"?
I politely disagree.
Let me explain before you send me hate email.
We had a guest speaker at church last weekend named Sean Smith. He has an amazing ministry, mostly to colleges, but we were blessed to have him with us at Providence Church. He said this, "God will put you in a position so you are in over your head so you will look at it supernaturally."
I must say, I agree with Sean.
The key here is this, we need God.
Now, let me clarify, if you've been reading my blog for long, you know that I do not believe God gives us bad things. Like cancer. God can't give you something He doesn't already have. God doesn't have cancer.
BUT... God will allow things in our lives to bring us closer to Him. At times.
I used to think that God MADE me lose my twins. He did not. I have a health issue that causes miscarriages and early labor. It's a part of me. Sure, God created me, but He did not give me this health issue. (Since He doesn't have it, see where I'm going with this.)
My health issue caused the miscarriages, and God ultimately turned them around for my good.
I was in a position, while losing my twins, that I thought I would go crazy on my own.
Thankfully, God stepped in and gave me peace. He touched me and helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life.
Now, as far as the Scripture above and all that Job went through...... God did allow Satan to do things to Job. Everything but kill him. Because God wanted to prove to Satan that He had people who love Him... people who would not curse Him when things go wrong.
It also proves that God was protecting Job from the enemy. Read verses 9-11 here: " Satan replied to the Lord, “Yes, but Job has good reason to fear God.10 You have always put a wall of protection around him and his home and his property. You have made him prosper in everything he does. Look how rich he is! 11 But reach out and take away everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face!”
If God protected Job that way, don't you think He protects us too? I think so!
What do you do when things go wrong?
A lot of people blame God for things that are not His fault. Even insurance companies blame Him for damages because of the weather.
If you read further in Job, you see that Satan is the one who caused a wind to knock down the wall and kill Job's kids. Not God.
We have to be careful though, not to give the enemy too much credit. He is not all powerful and all knowing like God is. He is our enemy though, and He wants nothing more than to keep us from God.
If you are going through something today, please let me encourage you. God sees it. God knows it, and He loves you no matter what. He didn't cause it. He's there waiting for you to turn to Him so He can help you handle it. You've just got to let Him.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment