Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Gate Called Beautiful

Peter and John went to the Temple one afternoon to take part in the three o’clock prayer service. As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple gate, the one called the Beautiful Gate, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money." Acts 3: 1-3

I went to church with my boyfriend (Yes, I have a boyfriend, that's new news!) last Wednesday night, and heard his Pastor's message on Acts Chapter 3. I know I've heard this story before, because I remember the part that said,"But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!” (verse 6)
What I missed was the gate called Beautiful.
Beautiful is defined as "having beauty; possessing qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind:"
The temple back then was set up way different from our modern churches. There was an outer court area, a "yard" if you will. Then, there were different rooms inside. Men and women did not worship together.
A man who had been lame since birth, sat outside of the church yard asking for money. He couldn't work.
What really moved me about this whole passage is the gate. It's called the Beautiful Gate.
Do you know that you are beautiful?
God created you.
So, let me tell you how I think this goes together.
The lame man at the gate needed a beautiful encounter with his Heavenly Father.
People still need that now.
You are the beautiful gate through which people can encounter God.
Your prayers and your testimony can help others have a moment with God.
Let's be a beautiful gate for others. Are you with me?
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment