Tuesday, November 29, 2016

How God Moves

"The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters." Genesis 1:2

This past Sunday, I attended both my church church and my work church. It's funny to me how God works. BOTH messages were about the ways God moves. (That means He's trying to tell me something, right?)
I wanted to share with you because maybe you've never heard this.
We pray and read the Bible, but for some reason, the think God is "Up in Heaven", or "Over there." 
We forget, as His children, He is IN us. The Holy Spirit comes into our hearts when I give them to Jesus fully.
He is as close as the air we breathe.
So, why, in the hard times, do we think God has left us? He can't leave us!
He hovers over us, like the Scripture above says. He is IN us. He is with us constantly.
He moves through us as well, to minister to others.
There are two things my Pastor's wife said Sunday that floored me!
  1. The biggest risk God ever took was allowing broken human beings to represent Him. But when the church shines brightly, it’s beautiful. 
  2. God wants us to act based on what we KNOW not how we feel!
We are not perfect, and God knew that when He made us. And yet, He uses us to reach others for Himself. How awesome is that? The thing is, you have a story. God has redeemed you, and made you whole. Now He wants you to tell the world what He's done!
Now, this other things... it's GIANT!
We get so caught up in our feelings sometimes. Maybe you've prayed and thought, "I just don't FEEL God right now." Or you are depressed and think He's not there because you are. Or maybe you are great, life is great, and you think God is great..
Either way... we need to not let our feelings run our lives.
Scripture is so important. It tells us who we are and Who's we are. This lady at my church has Scriptures and truths about herself written on note cards. When she gets down, she pulls them out and reads this out loud over herself.
If you are feeling ugly one day, tell yourself, "NOPE. I am God's masterpiece created for good works."
If you are afraid, say, "NOPE. God did not give me a Spirit of fear, but of a sound mind."
If you are lonely, say, "NOPE. God is always with me. He will never leave or forsake me."
IT WORKS!
You are renewing your mind with Scripture. (Romans 12: 1-2)
I pray that whoever needed to read this, does today. I hope it encourages you and lifts you up!
God loves you and so do I!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment