Tuesday, November 22, 2016

God Wants To Be Your BFF

"I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me." Jesus, in John 15:15 NLT
God wants to be your friend.

Now, before you go getting upset because you think I am not reverencing God like I should... please finish reading.
God is ALL powerful and ALL knowing. He is everywhere. He is amazing!
He is all of that AND He wants to be our friend.
Let me tell you why He wants to be our friend.... because we trust friends.
Sure, we are supposed to trust our Fathers too. After all, God is our Heavenly Father.
However, some people think if God is anything like their earthly dad, they don't want any part of Him. It happens.
But friends, that's different.
What do you need to build a strong friendship? TRUST!
My questions to do you today are: are you friends with God and do you trust Him?
Those of us who are parents, we want nothing more than to be close to our children, right?
When they are growing up, they don't need us to be their friend. They need a parent.
The older they get, though, we want a friendship with them... don't we? But one that still has that respect and reverence? I know that's what I want.
God wants that with us. He's our Father, but He wants to be our friend to.
He wants us to tell Him when something good happens in our lives. He wants us to cry to Him when we are going through something hard. 
He wants us to trust Him, even when it doesn't make sense to. That's what friends do.
Being friends with God means that your life will be better. Not perfect. But better.
Will you trust Him today? Will you let Him be your friend? I bet you'd enjoy it if you did!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment