Thursday, August 18, 2016

People WILL Let You Down

"For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does.
The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." Psalm 33: 4-5 NIV

I am a people person. I LOVE people. I especially love the people I am in relationship with.
However, placing expectations on them to do things for me that only God can is wrong. You know why? Because people WILL let you down.
They are human. It's going to happen. Period.
If we place our faith in humans instead of God, we will end up in a mess.
I will be totally honest. I have had times in my life when I wasn't living for God, and I did place too many expectations on humans. That's why I realize my mistake now, and want to warn others.
Only God can and will:
1. Love  you unconditionally.
2. Never leave you
3. Always be available to listen to you.
4. Speak to you through the Holy Spirit, His Word, worship music, and Pastors
No human being on this planet is perfect. (Even if you think they are.)
If you are anything like me, your heart can get you into trouble when it comes to people. I have a big heart, and I tend to see the good in folks, by-passing the bad. It's my nature to look for the positive in people and situations.
So, that big ole heart can lead you astray if you aren't careful.
By trusting God, you can NEVER go wrong!
Who are you trusting more?
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment