Friday, August 19, 2016

Dream Extravagantly

"Believe for big things, dream extravagantly, expect God to do great things and let's make His name famous across this earth." Christine Caine
Let's talk about dreams for a minute.
There are two types that I am familiar with.
  1. Dreams we have for our lives
  2. Dreams while we sleep
God is still the same, yesterday, today and forever.
He is the God who blessed a VERY old couple with a baby, when they were well past child bearing age, in order to set His plan in place.
Don't you know it was a dream of Sarah's to have a baby? 
Genesis 21Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.
Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.” And she added, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.”
If Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born, Sarah could have been 80 years old...because I don't know..and let's say she married Abraham at 14, as was their custom. She had probably been dreaming of being a mom for 66 years! That's a long time! 
To be totally honest with you, a dream that I currently have is to be able to go buy groceries without holding my calculator and adding up how much we spend. While I realize it's a responsible thing to do, that's not why I do it. I usually only have limited amounts each week, and I have to stick to it. I would love to go in, buy all we need and maybe some of what we want, and not have my heart hit the floor when I see the total. (We have food, we aren't starving, please don't get that impression.)
Also, a BIG dream of mine is to be a New York Times Best Selling Author. 
Those are pretty big dreams, but I serve a God who is bigger than all of it. He can and will do great things in and through my life if I allow Him to. 
Like the Christine Caine quote says, I want to make God's name famous. It's not about me. I want to say, "See what MY Father did? Isn't He awesome? He can do it in your life too!"
What are your dreams? What is something that you think is so totally crazy that it will never happen? I believe it can! 
After all, with God, ALL things are possible!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment