Saturday, August 20, 2016

Confessions Of A Single Mom

Proverbs 31: 25- 28 a, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. 26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children arise and call her blessed;"
The Proverbs 31 woman used to scare the crap out of me! I thought there was no way I could do all that she did.
I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but I believe I am doing well considering all of the junk life has thrown at me.
Can I just tell you that being a single mom is not easy? I DO have child support coming in. Pretty much since he left over three years ago, he saw the kids for lunch during the week and on Sunday. He has helped in the past few months with a couple of things that broke around my house. He took off work for things last year when our daughter was in her first full year back at public school. He did encourage and help me get our middle son back in public school. 

There are a few things that I feel like I can't talk to him about when it comes to the kids. But honestly, I haven't tried either. 
Finding things on your teenage son's phone is NOT fun as a single mom. Your daughter not having a positive GODLY role model in her life on a daily basis makes it tough when she's thinking about boys at school or aren't Godly either.
Did I mention my children are ALL teenagers? THREE teenagers! Lord help me! I don't know what I was thinking having them so close together. LOL
As rough as times get around here, let me be clear on one thing.
I have amazing friends, awesome Pastors, and a wonderful church family. The saying, "It takes a village" rings true in my heart in this season of my life. I NEED that village. I can not physically and mentally do this on my own.
My BIGGEST confidant and help though is God. I have turned to Him, cried to Him, and spoken to Him more than ever before. 
No matter what we go through in life, God is the answer, and/ or, He HAS the answer for us.
What are you dealing with in life that seems too much? Maybe it's small, and you think God doesn't need to be bothered with it.
Can I tell you that He cares about every little detail in your life? 
I was pretty proud of myself yesterday. I was drying towels. I opened the dryer to see if they were finished. They weren't. When I pushed the start button again, it started and stopped. Then that happened a second time. The last time, it didn't start at all. 
I got my step stool and a screw driver, took the panel off the back, moved it around, but it back on, pushed the button and it worked!
I did not call or text a man for help. I verbally, out loud said, "Father, I need this dryer. Please let it work right in Jesus name." 
So, He answered that prayer. 
My co-parent is God. I go to Him for everything concerning my children. Then, when I feel led to, I talk to my family, friends, and Pastors for additional prayer or advice.
It is my hope and prayer that you have this type of support system. Life can seriously suck sometimes. For real.
With God and a great group of people who love you, it's bearable. 
Do you need prayer today? I would love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment