Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Kindness Leads To Repentance

"So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of His kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?" Romans 2:3-4
Have you ever heard the old saying, "You get more flies with honey"? What happens to you when you encounter someone who is mean?
I know I distance myself from mean people. Seriously, who wants to be yelled at, put down, and talked down to constantly?
There are some denominations that yell and scream about hell, fire and brimstone, thinking it will bring people to God. I don't think that works. Let me tell you why....
I got saved in the 1st grade at a Christian school, simply because during chapel, the Pastor spoke on hell. I was scared to go there, so I said I wanted to be saved. HOWEVER, no one told me how much I was LOVED by God, that I was His masterpiece created for good works, and that He would never leave me. I didn't really understand what a relationship with God was supposed to be about.
So, I left church at 15, and did life my way until I was 23. God, in His gracious mercy and kindness, chose to help me during the loss of my twin sons, and that brought me back. His KINDNESS, His peace, and His gentleness during a terrible time in my life, is what brought me back to His loving arms.
Being kind to people is important. Especially with how jacked up our world is right now. There is so much unkindness happening. It's horrible!
Remember when I wrote about clothing ourselves with love... well, kindness is good too.
Colossians 3:12 says, "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."
When you are spending time with, text, or talk to an unsaved person, you need to clothe yourself in those things because that's what will lead them to God.
People know what they are doing is wrong. We aren't to judge them and point out their flaws. 
We need to show them God's true character by treating them the way God treats us.
If you aren't at least praying for someone you know that doesn't know the Lord as their Savior, I challenge you to do so. They need our prayers... and our kindness so they will repent and realize that God loves them and their sin isn't good for them.
Will you join me? Let's start a kindness movement!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment