Tuesday, August 16, 2016

God's "Yes" Our "Amen"

"For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "YES!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for His glory." 2 Corinthians 1:20 NLT

I have written many times on this blog about how God keeps His promises. It wasn't until Sunday at church that this Scripture actually came to life for me.
It's highlighted in my Bible, so I know I've read it before..but it's in the middle of a bunch of other Scriptures, so I guess I over looked it.
Not anymore!
One Scripture I have quoted and wrote about a good bit is Jeremiah 29:11, which says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you, and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." NIV
That's a promise from God. God says "YES!" to this promise. Now, when we say, "AMEN", we are saying, "So bet it."
Basically, when we pray God's promises to Him, we know He's going to answer that with a big fat YES! 
HOWEVER... we must say "AMEN" to His yes. It's a way of thanking Him too.
Here is an example: Father God, thank you for having a plan for my life. I know it's a plan that will prosper me and not harm me. I know you are giving me a hope and a future. I receive this promise, Lord. Thank you! In Jesus name, amen.
Because of things that have happened in my life, one of God's promises really makes my heart soar... His promise to never leave or forsake me. This promise is in Deuteronomy 31:6 and Hebrews 13:5.
My prayer is always, "Thank you Father for never leaving me. Others have...but not you. Your promise is true and I am so thankful for it. In Jesus name, amen."
What is going on in your life right now that you need one of God's promises to be "YES", so you can say "AMEN" to it?
Search the Scriptures and find a promise that applies to it. Then thank God for that promise and trust that He will do what He says He will. 
Have the faith and trust that He loves you, He is there, and He will never leave.
If you need prayer, please contact me. I would love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment