Thursday, June 2, 2016

You Are An Original

Psalm 22:10, "I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born."
Original
Today is my daughter's 14th birthday. She is my baby. (Yes, I feel old!) She is growing into such a unique individual. Of course, how could she not when she's got me for a mom? LOL
God has blessed me to be the mom to all of my children. However, I feel like the Scripture says above, that they were God's from the very beginning.
He has a purpose and plan for their lives. And honestly, He loves them even more than I do, which is crazy to imagine.
My daughter is beautiful. We are often told we look just a like, or that she looks just like me when I was her age.
Side by sideA few weeks ago at school, she was standing in the hall way and one of the dad's who volunteers there was staring at her. She finally asked if something was wrong. He said, "What's your mom's name?" She said, "Jill Barlow." He said, "Jill Pate?" She said, "Yes." Then he said, "You look exactly like her at this age. I grew up with her."
That's a compliment for me. I am honored to have such a beautiful daughter that looks like me. She has a  talents and gifts that she inherited from me as well... but ultimately, those are from God.
It says in 1 Corinthians 12: 4-6, "Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of affects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."
God gives us all gifts and talents that are unique to us so that we will honor and glorify Him in all we do. We are all different, because if we were all the same, this would be a boring place.
Photo Cred: Blake Barlow Photography
Photo Cred: Blake Barlow Photography 

My daughter is an artist. She doesn't think so, but she's VERY good. I wish I had some of her drawings to post. She loves animals, does not judge people, and loves her friends unconditionally. She has a quote on one of her pictures and it fits her and all of us..

"I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original."
I am honored that God blessed me with her.
What talents do you have?  God created only ONE of you!! You are an original. Sure, they say we all have a twin in the world, but that person isn't exactly like you.
There are so many things we can do for the Lord now. Videos, social media, graphic arts..so many things that weren't around years ago, but can be used for His glory. Whatever you are good at, keep doing it! God needs you!
As my friend Kevin Buchanan says, "The World Needs Your Hustle". (He actually has a book by the same title if you'd like to pick it up on Amazon.) You are the way you are for a reason. God has something He wants you to do for Him. Why not live for Him and do it?
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment