Friday, May 6, 2016

You Are It!

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 NLT
You Are It
I chose this picture, because you only get one chance at life, and you are it!
Clay Shaver of The Remodeling Clay podcast has THE most awesome voice I have ever heard. I used to think he just turned on his "radio" voice when he was speaking, but Saturday night at our Launch Out hang out, I talked to him about podcasting, and that's just his normal voice. What a gift from God it is! Here is a link to Clay's Facebook page, he posts his podcast there: The Remodeling Clay Podcast He has a website too: www.remodelingclay.com
Clay started off his talk reminding us of the game of tag that we played as kids. Remember, someone would hit you and yell, "You're it!"
No one wanted to be "IT". If there was an agreement that this was about to be played, every would say, "1, 2, 3, NOT IT!"  The reason no one wants to be IT is because the entire game is against you from the beginning.
Clay said, "But actually, "IT" has power. How the game goes rests on you, you are in total control."
Clay
"As dreamers, hustlers, etc, we feel like tag..and there are 3 types of kids that we are up against, the slow, the fast, and the parallel (the kids running at your pace). You don't go after the slow kid because that makes you look bad. You see the fastest ones, but you don't want to look like a fool chasing something you can't catch. The ones at the same speed are just out of your reach each time."
"The slow represents your easy dreams. The "just in case" ones. Fast are the too hard dreams, no way to catch them and you don't want to look foolish. We feel like the same speed dreams are just on the other side of everything."
"The world says you just need the right motivation and people are ready to sell it to you.
Inspiration says, "look at all you've done and have been." It asks, "What if I do?"
Desperation asks," What if I don't change these things?" It does something to us, puts us in a mode that makes us look at all we hate and try to use that to motivate us.
"You can't hate yourself into something you love! It won't work." Clay Shaver
What is the only thing that can motivate you?

"You Are It!"

You don't have to wait for someone. We are wired to get the best version of you. 
This is exactly where I relate to Clay. His podcast is about becoming the best you. That's how I live my life. I want to be all that God has called me to be. Mind, body, and spirit.
If someone sees something that I am doing wrong, and they tell me, I will make changes. For example, during small group one day, my friends told me that I make excuses for other people. I started crying. Barbara said, 'You and that big ole heart." 
I examined what they were saying, determined to see WHY I make excuses for people. I have been praying about that and working on not doing that anymore. 
Following God's lead and guidance is the best way to stay motivated for anything. Something else I have been working on is getting healthy.
I am trying to stay under a certain number of calories a day. And I am doing more sculpting exercises. In 12 weeks, I've lost 8 inches over all. 4 of them are in my waist. (Which I never thought would happen.) I am motivated to be the best me. I do have support, and friends who are helping motivate me. But I had to determine in my mind to do this, and I have been doing well so far.
Change your mindset. YOU be your motivation! Follow your dreams. Do whatever God has called you to do. You won't regret it!
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment