Thursday, May 5, 2016

What can you do that is you?

Psalm 32:8, "The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."
Java With Jill
My friend Ronei Harden and I have similar stories. Her's is a little more sad than mine...but the end results are similar. She is short like me, however, she is a beautiful Hawaiian woman with a big smile. 
At Launch Out, she played the theme song to the hit TV show Friends. The first few lyrics are, "No one ever told you life was going to be this way.."
Ronei was married to a wonderful man who was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 and then passed away only 8 months later. She grieved, then threw herself into raising her children and following her dreams.
Just 8 months after her husband passed away, Ronei started her own business. Here is a link to her Facebook page, Being The Boss Of Me She also created a morning talk show on Periscope. It's called "Coffee Talk with Ronei". There she talks about things that inspire her. Sometimes she is reading a book and they discuss it. Whatever she's doing, she always has great points to help you improve your life.
Ronei talked about having an "organically curated community". We need each other. She said, "If social media can connect you to one person, it's worth it." I couldn't agree more! My gift of writing is used daily for God because I use social media to share. 
So, like the title asks, Ronei's exact words were, "What can I do that is me?"
Ronei
What can you do that is you?
I write. It's me. My brand, if you will, is me. My picture is my actual desk here in my room that I type on each day. I write about whatever inspires me, hoping that it will inspire you too. I want people to know that God is not a big bully in the sky waiting for them to mess up. He is a loving Father who is there for them through all of life's ups and downs.
In my reading this morning, I read this Scripture and it just fit for what I wanted to tell you guys about today:
"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the LORD, for you know that nothing you do for the LORD is ever useless." 1 Corinthians 15:58
Whatever you do, do it for the Lord and it will never be useless! He has gifted you with talents and abilities to shine His light into this dark world.
Ronei does that every day as she prepares her coffee, puts her phone on this cool little stand, and talks to you from her house. She's an inspiration to me! She didn't let the negative take over. She picked up her life and kept moving forward. That's what I relate to so much in her story. I have done that too... and you can do the same!
Life might have pulled the rug out from under you. It happens. But get up, and move forward, no matter what. You have a Heavenly Father and family and friends who love you. Maybe you need to add a community of folks like what we have in Jon Acuff's groups. He is starting a new group of 30 Days of Hustle soon. Check it out at Jon Acuff's Website 
I don't think Jon will ever fully grasp how much these Facebook groups have changed my life. If you are wanting to use our talents and gifts to follow a dream... do it! You will not regret it.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment