Saturday, May 7, 2016

Obey The Call

"Each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them." 1 Corinthians 7:17
Obey the call
I just love how God works! I had already planned on writing up Rick Theule's Launch Out talk, and what do you know? My Christine Caine devotional was about the same thing! (That's pronounced TOOLIE for those of you who don't know him.) He writes a blog that you can find here: Rick Theule He has a Facebook page too: Rick's Writer Facebook Page
IMG_2554
Rick is an awesome guy. He used to sell cars. He was a good salesman. He lives in Michigan, but was even helping me with my car buying decisions last year. He was great at his job. He made a good living for his wife and two boys.
Then, God called him to step out on faith.
Rick said, "Lay down your pride and listen! There is a lot of noise that gets in the way of us hearing a lot of things."
He loved his job. It never crossed his mind to quit. But that joy slipped away. Through prayer, reading the Bible, counseling, and finally listening, he heard God's call on his life.
Then, Rick said, "After you hear, you have to obey." 
Isn't that the hardest part? I know it is for me sometimes. Like writing my book. I know God told me to do it, so I did. BUT I took forever and didn't obey right away. He had to keep talking to me. Now, it's selling slow, but you know what? That's ok. I obeyed and that's what matters most to me.
Rick challenged us by asking, "Are you listening? Are you obeying? Will you obey the call?"
He also said to listen to the people around you. "God is using them to tell you what to do."
Admitting to hiding from his calling for years, Rick is warning us all not to do the same thing. 
Rick is now working from home, writing a book, and doing voice over work. He took a huge leap of faith to do this. However, he has peace, and knows that he is doing exactly what God wants him to.
The parts I want to share from Christine Caine's devotional are this: "God has a great plan and purpose for each one of us and has given each of us many gifts and talents, but so often we are like Catherine (she told a story about her daughter having a ton of toys but wanting the one her sister was playing with), sitting surrounded by all our gifts but focusing on and desiring the talent someone else has. God desires for us to live with a deep contentment in our hearts, but we can only experience this when we embrace His plan."
So, what is God's plan for you? What gifts and talents of yours are you not using? What has been whispering in your mind for years? Or heavy on your heart but you've ignored?
I know one other thing I'm supposed to be doing, and that's adopting. I am in a holding pattern though. I have a birth child I need to help before I help one I didn't give birth to. I've wanted to adopt for years, so I'm sure it's from God. I just have to wait for His timing. 
Obey God's call. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment