Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Greatest of Romances

Psalm 86:15, "But you O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness."
Dictionary.com defines steadfast as "fixed in direction; steadily directed; firm in purpose, resolution, faith, attachment, etc, as a person, unwavering". This Scripture above describes God's love and faithfulness as steadfast. 
So that means that nothing can change His love for us. It's fixed, unwavering.
We sang a song Sunday at church that I love. It's called Love On The Line by Hillsong United. In the chorus we sing:
"With arms held high, Lord I give my life, knowing I'm found in Christ, in your love forever. With all I am in your grace I stand, greatest of all romance, Love of God my Savior".  Here is a link to the video if you'd like to hear it: https://youtu.be/CRTxsSXkH5w
Something in my heart shifted when I sang this Sunday. I realized that God's love for me is the GREATEST romance I will ever experience. He is my Heavenly Father, but His love is so much deeper than anything I can imagine. He loves me more than any human being on this planet. Even more than my parents...but especially more than a man ever has or will.
If I stay firm in His love and allow Him to love me like I haven't been before, healing happens and then He can move forward with the plans He has for my life. 
The same goes for you. Maybe you are married to a wonderful person. You feel totally loved and whole in that area... but is God your first love? He should be first for all Christians, even above our spouse.
When we get the balance right, when we put God first, everything else works out. Of course, it's still in His timing...but that's ok. His timing is perfect. 
I think God wants to love us in a way we've never felt... but we won't let Him. We constantly put people and things in His place. We throw the word LOVE around so much.
"I love french fries." "I loved that movie." "I love this song."
I do it too. I'm just as guilty.I just did it about this song a few paragraphs ago. LOL But God's love isn't an ordinary love. It's AGAPE love. It's perfect love. He's the perfect person for everyone. 
If you are struggling with feeling loved, please hear me.....God DEARLY and greatly loves you. He has a purpose and plan for your life that exceeds anything you can imagine. 
Will you trust Him today? Will you love Him first? Will you let Him love on you?
I pray you do. 
God bless you today and always.
Greatest of Romances

No comments:

Post a Comment