Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Be The Author Of An Extraordinary Life

Romans 12:2 NLT, "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know what God's will is for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Extraordinary Life
This Scripture rings true in my heart today. I am in need of transforming my mind in a couple of areas in my life. I have fully surrendered these areas to God today. He is lifting me up out the pit and helping me stand firmly on His foundation. Because I want all that He wants for me. I want to be in His perfect, good, pleasing will. That's all I want for mine and my children's lives.
I have to take responsibility though. Also, I am the only one in control of my behavior.
My friend, Michele Clark spoke at Launch Out conference about writing your own extraordinary life. Webster's dictionary defines extraordinary like this: "Beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular, or established. Noteworthy, remarkable"Michele Clark
Michele said, "Blank pages are scary, but each of us has a book waiting to be written.
Don't be dead while you are still alive. Have a life plan. 
[Tweet ""Refuse to simply exist.""]
Write your story, stop reading others books and start writing your own.
We go through trials. Share your story to process and grieve. You allow others to see the real you. Your story is something no one else has.
If you don't live life, someone else will.
What would you regret not doing? That's what you need to do!
You have a purpose and the world would be better if you would live it.
Grow, try something new. Check off an item on your bucket list.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Don't be so busy making a life that you don't make a living.
Stop dreaming - grab those and bring them down to earth. Call it a road map.
Don't let one more year pass."
Michele also gave us a paper measuring tape. It went from 0 to 99. She had us tear the end at the age we are now, and tear the other end at the age we hope to die. I tore mine at 42 and 99.
Then she said, "You've got that much time left, what are you going to do with it?"
WOW!
It was so eye opening to me. This is why I write.. I want to share things with you. I want you to have the best life and live for God. I pray that you can see how much He loves you through what I say and to know that He is not a big bully up there waiting for you to mess up so He can strike you with lightening.
You have a purpose for being here. God has something He wants you to do that honors and glorifies Him. 
He wants us to have extraordinary lives. Jesus came to give life, life to the full. He did not come to condemn the world, or give us a list of rules to try to live by. He fulfilled the law and give abundant life. (John 3:16-17 and John 10:10)
Will you start writing your extraordinary life today? I already have!
If you need me to pray for you, or point you to someone for help, please contact me. I'm always here.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment