Friday, April 8, 2016

What God Really Thinks About You

"But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?'" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?" ~ Romans 9:20-21


For most of my life I have struggled with my self esteem. I always thought I wasn't good enough, smart enough, or thin enough. Living like that is miserable.



What I did was accept what others and my own inner negative voice said about me, instead of knowing and believing that what God says is the truth.

Ephesians 2:10 says that I am God's masterpiece created for good works. Psalm 139:14 says I'm fearfully and wonderfully made.

Who am I to tell God that He got it wrong?

One thief of our self esteem is comparison. We are so bad about it. Especially now, with the internet making everything available right to our smart phones.

We see other people posting things on social media, but that's just their highlight reel. We don't know the truth about their lives, because they only post what looks good.

Christine Caine said in her devotional today that "we focus on our limitations and everyone else's strengths."

Isn't that true? We can't see their limitations sometimes. We see the good in their life, compare it to our bad, and roll with it.

STOP DOING THAT!

God thinks you are awesome. No matter what!

So, you've had an addiction... that's ok.

So, you've sinned against Him... that's ok.

So, you've struggled with your self esteem and put down what He created... that's ok.

That's not who you are! God wants to redeem all of that for you!


My friend Chris Holmes posted this today: 


And that's exactly what we do! We allow our own thoughts, and other people cause us to doubt who we really are.

You are a child of the Most High King. You are dearly loved. God thinks you are awesome!

I did something this week on Facebook that I rarely do. I posted a picture of myself, full length. I have struggled with my weight for so long, and I've always been ashamed of my body. My son took this picture of me, and I actually like it. 
I wish I was smiling, but he told me not to... gotta obey the photographer. LOL


I want to share it. Not to brag, or get compliments...but to show you  that I have finally realized how to care for this vessel God put me in. This body isn't Jill. It's just who I walk around in. However, I've never eaten right and exercised until now. I finally get it! It's only taken me 42 years! LOL (I hope it doesn't take you that long.)

We are all still a work in progress too. God is ever molding and shaping us into who He wants us to be. We've got to be willing to let Him though. 

One of my friends told me yesterday that I have grown so much and made changes in the last few years. You know why? Because I want to be who God says I am!

Do you want that for you life too? I hope so. I pray that you will fully surrender your heart and life to Him. Let Him guide you through it all. He's always there, just waiting for you to talk to Him.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment