Thursday, April 7, 2016

Simple Love

"Long ago, the LORD said to Israel, "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself." Jeremiah 31:3 NLT

I read this Scripture this morning and I think someone needs to be reminded of just how simple God's love is for us.

We can't do anything to earn it. God just loves us. It's an unfailing, everlasting love too.

This love has become more real to me since my divorce. The promises of God's love never ending and Him never leaving me are so comforting since the man who was supposed to do the same didn't.

I trust God's promises, because I have seen Him be faithful with them. I believe that God will do what He says and keep all of His promises.


God's love isn't complicated.

We humans, we get things all intertwined and mixed up. We complicate things with our emotions. 

God just loves us. It's that simple. 

He loves us for who we are. He loves us just like we are as well.

Sometimes if we are learning something new at Zumba, Reggie will say in an English accent, "It's so simple, no skill involved."

That's how I feel about this with God. It's so simple. Nothing we can do will make God love us any more than He already does.

And, nothing we can do will make Him love us any less. On the other side of that, let me say, even if we don't do something... He loves us.

What I mean by that is, the people who live in guilt thinking they are horrible Christians... you know the ones who have had those man made rules tangled over their heads... they aren't praying enough, reading their Bible enough or serving enough.. those people need to let that all go.

God doesn't require you to do those things to earn His love. 

John 3:16 is the best love Scripture of all! "For God so loved the world that He gave..." you know the rest. The world didn't have to do anything for God to send Jesus. 

God loved/ loves, and God gave/gives.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever. So, He hasn't changed His mind about loving us.

Will you accept this simple yet profound love? I hope you will. It's real. I promise.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment